Your cart is currently empty!
Here at Pacific Springs we get asked a lot of questions about what’s involved when considering a workplace spring water dispenser. Whether you work in an office, warehouse, factory or another type of workplace we know there are questions you may need answered before jumping in!
Let’s take a look at the top 16 questions we get asked from people considering a spring water dispenser for their business…
Table of Contents
1. Can I purchase or rent a workplace spring water dispenser?
Yes you can do both – the choice is yours!
Although the majority of our clients choose to rent their water dispensers as we include ongoing maintenance and servicing, we do have clients that prefer to own one outright. As a quick comparison, one of our most popular water dispensers – the Prestige – is $99 per year to rent or $396 to purchase outright.
2. How do I maintain my water dispenser? Is it a lot of work?
No work is required if you rent your water dispenser from us as we look after the maintenance for
you and 1 internal clean per year is included at your request.
If you choose to purchase your water dispenser, we can provide an internal clean for a one-off
charge of $60 +GST.
3. How do I organise deliveries of spring water?
We deliver your fresh spring water to your door every four weeks (or more frequently if your water consumption is high) – you can check our delivery areas across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Redcliffe, Bribie Island and Ipswich).
4. What do I do with my empty bottles?
We collect them! Everytime we deliver your water we’ll collect your empty bottles and take them with
us to clean, refill and reuse!
Fun fact – In our own warehouse we still use a 10 year old bottle!
5. Do I need to have my water dispenser near power or a water supply?
The answer to this question depends on the type of water dispenser you have. Our spring water dispensers get their water supply from our spring water bottles so no water supply is required, however some of our filtered water options do require a nearby water supply – you can find out more about the difference between filtered and spring water here.
In terms of power, all of our spring water dispensers excluding our ceramic pots and stands do require power to ensure the water temperature is as cold (or as hot!) as you require.
If you choose a filtered water option, again power is required to ensure the water temperature is as cold (or as hot!) as you require.
6. How do I know how much water I’m going to need?
This depends on the size of your business/household and the number of employees and customers you have. We generally recommend 1 x 15 litre bottle per person per month, so if you have a workplace of 8 people we suggest starting with 8 bottles per month.
It’s also very easy to change your order if you need more or less as time goes on.
7. What if I change my mind about the type of water dispenser?
If you’re renting your dispenser from us and decide you’d like another option such as the benchtop Urbane or the bottom loading Hydra, just give us a call and we can organise a swap (there may be delivery fees and additional charges if you are upgrading to a dearer model).
8. What type of water dispenser is best suited for our workplace (e.g. bottled water cooler, plumbed-in water cooler, filtration system)?
There are a range of factors to consider when deciding on the type of dispenser that will best suit your workplace but as a starting point it’s good to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you prefer to drink natural spring water or filtered tap water?
- Are you happy to receive your water bottle deliveries every 4 weeks?
- What about your drinking water temperature? Would you like the option of cold and hot at the touch of a button?
- Would you prefer not to have water storage taking up room in your fridge?
Your answers to these 4 questions will help steer you in the right direction and we’re always happy to chat through the options with you.
9. Where should we place our workplace water dispenser?
Depending on your choice of water dispenser, this will be influenced by whether you need a water or power supply nearby but other considerations include:
- Do you have a dedicated kitchen or cantine? If so, these are always good locations to place your water dispenser
- Does the public come into your workplace? And if so do you want them to access the water? If this is the case then locating your water dispenser in this area (e.g. the front reception area) can be a great idea
- Are there outdoor areas in your workplace? We’d recommend these are avoided to limit exposure to the weather but if this can’t be avoided, the RM Bubbler is great for the outdoors.
- Water dispensers can be a great place for staff to have a ‘water cooler’ chat and while we encourage this, it can be an idea to place your dispenser in an area conducive to this!
And of course when we deliver your water dispenser we’re happy to look at your business location and work alongside you to identify the perfect place to put it.
10. What is the cost of installing the water dispenser?
Nothing! It’s all part of the service!
11. Should we opt for a hot and cold water dispenser?
This is a personal preference but choosing a dispenser with hot and cold water options means you and your staff will have the best of both worlds – cold water when you really need to hydrate in the warmer weather but also the option to make a warm drink at the touch of a button – a time saver versus boiling the kettle!
12. Do I need to provide a water dispenser for my employees?
According to the Compliance Code for Workplace Amenities and Work Environment, ‘an adequate supply of clean drinking water must be provided free of charge for workers at all times… positioned where it can be easily accessed by workers’ and ‘the temperature of the drinking water should be at or below 24 degrees Celsius’.
Providing a workplace spring water dispenser helps organisations meet this compliance code simply and easily!
13. What is the environmental impact of using a water dispenser?
We know this is a big concern so we recently wrote an article on just this topic – Are Spring Water Coolers Better for The Environment? – and you’ll be pleased to know that there are at least 5 ways that spring water dispensers are a more environmentally-friendly choice including the manufacturing and transport processes, less of a requirement for plastic production, their energy efficiency and promotion of recycling!
14. What is the quality of spring water you supply?
High-quality spring water is rich in magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium, and other trace minerals and the spring water we provide here at Pacific Springs is the highest quality spring water that is safe and free of contaminants and impurities, leaving only the natural mineral and trace elements.
Here’s our method of spring water production which maintains the original taste characteristics and guarantees the very highest quality spring water ready for consumption!
15. What are the rental contract terms and billing procedures?
If you choose to rent your dispenser, you’ll pay for the yearly rental upfront in advance and then on a monthly basis you’ll be charged for your spring water at $1.25 per delivery and $13.50 per 15L bottle.
16. Is there a warranty on the equipment?
For rentals, all maintenance is included and if anything goes wrong just give us a call and we’ll come out to fix or replace it.
If you buy your water dispenser we have a 36 months warranty on all systems (excluding the RM Bubbler which has a 12 month warranty).
Ready to Get A Spring Water Dispenser for Your Business?
Hopefully we’ve answered any questions you might have when considering a spring water dispenser for your business but if you have any more questions or simply want to walk through the options – you can get in touch via phone or email – we’re always happy to help!